Friday, March 24, 2006
Positive discrimination can work both ways
Dr. Helen says pretty much all of it in "What Goes Around, Comes Around" discussing an article in the NYT on the consequences of the academic over-success of women. It seems it's getting easier for men to get into college now than it is for women. I have to admit that although it does indeed seem like an ironic justice, I have never been a fan of "affirmative action" of any form, preferring to use the oxymoronic form "positive discrimination".
Posted by John Doe
- ► 2008 (27)
- ► 2007 (67)
- Belgium leads the world.
- Court action as domestic abuse?
- Protein Wisdom & Say Anything
- The Man On The Street
- NOW and joint custody in NY
- That's a confession.
- Who's your Daddy?
- Don't ask, don't tell?
- Einstein's Wife, parental alienator
- News at 11: Woman Defends Man
- Time off to have kids
- He wouldn't call her "Daddy".
- An archetype of bullying
- Positive discrimination can work both ways
- Now this really is tragic
- "Tragic"? That's not the word I'd use.
- "We don't get the kids, we get stuck with the kids...
- Is fatherhood a right-wing concept?
- Patriarchy as survival trait
- Men = Slackers
- Bush = Man = Bad
- Sires, dams and the pop culture of insemination
- R.I.P Fatherhood
- You don't envy my penis and I won't envy your part...
- "At the end of her tether"
- Lock 'em up, it's the only way to be sure.
- Be a man?
- Stupidity is a choice, not a duty.
- Military Intelligence
- International Women's Day
- "Gender gap"? Which gender gap?
- ▼ March (33)