Friday, May 12, 2006
Last one out, turn off the lights
The other day I reported on Geoffrey Miller's theory as to why we see no aliens out there - intelligence entertains itself to death. It appears that Slate implicitly agree, claiming that a Playstation 3 is better than marriage. Will the pleasure principle be the death of us all? I still think not. Once "civilization" hurts itself badly enough by rubbing its pleasure centers up against its technology it will find itself having to adopt a more sensible lifestyle in order to survive. If I'm wrong, there will be no-one around to rub my nose in it anyway, so I might as well be a little optimistic.
Posted by John Doe
- ► 2008 (27)
- ► 2007 (67)
- Taking a short break
- Suffering in Silence
- Women Who Make the World Worse
- Patriphobia, n., an irrational dislike of fathers.
- Many mothers' groups demeaning to men
- Confused conservatives
- The matriarchs are coming...!
- No sex in California
- Shock news: weapons inspire aggression!
- Last one out, turn off the lights
- Adoption, androids, bad drivers, Angelina Jolie, s...
- I have to pay her how much...???
- Plugging Glenn Sacks
- Game Over; you are out of lives and you forgot to ...
- YAH, BOO, SUCKS!
- ▼ May (15)