Tuesday, September 27, 2005

"We are change makers", says Blair

Last night, I was watching "The West Wing" and one of the characters, opining about leadership, said something like - you're like the French radical looking at a crowd rushing past and who says "I must find out where my people are going so I can lead them". I find this an interesting comment in regard to Blair's we are the change-makers speech because I can't honestly see what changes he wants to make. The BBC summarises it as "make Britain at ease with globalisation, forge a new consensus on public services and respond to public anger about crime and anti-social behaviour". What on earth does than mean? 'Seems pretty content free to me.

On the other hand, in terms of a real change he could make, he only has to look as far as the Houses of Parliament and Guy Harrison's protest made simultaneously with his speech. Enough hot air, Mr. Blair, how about putting your party where your mouth is?

No comments:

Blog Archive