Thursday, March 09, 2006
Stupidity is a choice, not a duty.
I found this quote: "Staying stupid is a perfectly valid choice, so long as it’s not a government-enforced status quo" on Barely a Blog. Beautifully pithy. Ilana Mercer has a lot more to say, too, not much of it on feminism (she says "women are not my thing") but "Shafting Boys" is a good example of a growing genre - an intelligent women of letters speaking up to defend the second-class sex.
Posted by John Doe
- ► 2008 (27)
- ► 2007 (67)
- Belgium leads the world.
- Court action as domestic abuse?
- Protein Wisdom & Say Anything
- The Man On The Street
- NOW and joint custody in NY
- That's a confession.
- Who's your Daddy?
- Don't ask, don't tell?
- Einstein's Wife, parental alienator
- News at 11: Woman Defends Man
- Time off to have kids
- He wouldn't call her "Daddy".
- An archetype of bullying
- Positive discrimination can work both ways
- Now this really is tragic
- "Tragic"? That's not the word I'd use.
- "We don't get the kids, we get stuck with the kids"
- Is fatherhood a right-wing concept?
- Patriarchy as survival trait
- Men = Slackers
- Bush = Man = Bad
- Sires, dams and the pop culture of insemination
- R.I.P Fatherhood
- You don't envy my penis and I won't envy your part...
- "At the end of her tether"
- Lock 'em up, it's the only way to be sure.
- Be a man?
- Stupidity is a choice, not a duty.
- Military Intelligence
- International Women's Day
- "Gender gap"? Which gender gap?
- ▼ March (33)