Friday, October 14, 2005

"Men are very bad for women really"

OK, it's a small thing, it's just a minor gripe, I really shouldn't let these things get to me, but the BBC is really starting to bug me. They used to be the definitive source for news, you could be sure of what they reported, and that it would be fairly complete. But their web site, I really don't know, I see more and more, well just rubbish, pap for the masses, thoughtless, bite-sized drivel.

Now, listen up, this is real news here: if wifey gets fat, apparently it's hubby's fault.

The feminists should be pissed here too. Why does the BBC think women can't control their eating habits? Isn't feminism about empowerment? Isn't empowerment about taking responsibility? Doesn't taking responsibility apply to both good and bad things? But even a woman's weight gain is her man's fault! Is there nothing that women do that's not positive and not a man's fault? What's more, this article also supports that hoary old line - "put a ring on her finger and her waist expands". The feminists ought to be fuming! Absolutely livid! (I wonder how many are nodding their heads in vacuous agreement. Men=bad. Yup. Yessirreeboy.)

But hey, there's more - women are getting fatter because their partners are helping with the housework so they exercise less! Guys, we just can't win.

Once again, let's do the gender switch: "Women are very bad for men really". Er, waitaminnit, just hang on there, I think this one might actually be defendable - how much longer do women live than men...? Huh?! Huh?!

Nahhh, that's gotta be our fault too. We work too hard, or something.


I know, it's a small thing, I really shouldn't have let it get to me. I'm sorry, I'm overreacting. I'll calm down now. Really. Breathing deep. Thinking my happy thought. Ommmmm.


P.S. It was even a man who said it. That thing. About men being bad for women. In the article. Pussy.

P.P.S. And I can't bear CNN.

No comments:

Blog Archive